France: Herbs de Provence
This seasoning mix provides quintessential southern French flavors, perfect for seasoning fish, chicken, beef, pork, salads and more! I enjoy using it in my recipe for Ratatouille… check it out! Kids will love assembling these ingredients, placing them in a jar and shaking it all up. It’s truly just as easy as that!
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons dried savory
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon bay powder
Have you ever used a mortar and pestle? It can be lots of fun, especially for kids. Grind the rosemary and fennel seed in a mortar and pestle, or an herb grinder if you have one. Combine the rest of the herbs in a bowl and stir, then transfer to an airtight container for storage. Have some fun and design a label with the name of the blend with the date you made it.
Note: Are you looking for a recipe to try this new seasoning blend with? Try my version of Ratatouille!
Provence is a region in southeastern France bordering Italy and the Mediterranean Sea. The region is world-renowned for its climate, diverse landscapes, iconic vineyards, olive groves, pine forests and lavender fields.